Friday, July 27, 2007

YOU CAN TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

The Skeen's have entered the age of the Blog! After harassment from my Blogging children, I decided that Doug and I would try our hand, liver spots and all, at blogging. I can remember, that alone might come as a shock, when we first started using a computer. There was no such thing as the internet, Al Gore hadn't invented it yet, and for that matter there wasn't a fax. Communication was limited to our brave men and women in grey or Alexander's phone. When you think how much has happened to catapult our communication forward starting with the internet and fax, cellphones, The Blackberry and now the iPhone, it makes my grey rooted head spin. I have managed to conquer to varying degrees the above mentioned devices with the exception of the iPhone, which I have managed to avoid. The computer still offers me some challenges now a then, however, I have become Queen of the Email. It has become my preferred method of communication to the dismay or joy of my family and friends.

As with all new techie things, I have discovered that there is a new vocabulary to be learned. Here are a few of the terms that I have discovered:
  • Blaudience - The readership of a blog
  • Blawg - A blog focusing on a commentary about the law
  • Blog Carnival - A blog with links to other articles
  • Bloggernacle - A blog written by and for Mormons
  • Bloggies - a blog award
  • Bloglet - a small blog with one or two sentences
  • Momosphere - A blog written by mothers
  • Plog - A political bog
  • Gulog - A blog so depressing it's as if it were written in a Soviet labour camp
  • Blogoneer - A person who blogs with an expert or pioneering attitude.

Well so I guess I can now call myself a blogger. I don't know if I will ever become a blogoneer with a bloggie on the mantle and I hope never to write a gulog but I can tell you for sure that I plan to have a blogtastic time.

3 comments:

The Plewe Clan said...

You crack me up! I think that we should add some pictures of mckay on his mission to your blog and we can even add ones of morgan...so get your camera ready.

Ryan and Megan said...

you are blogtastic! i miss you already.

Ryan and Megan said...

come on mom i need another entry.