Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WHISKERS ARE BACK !!

No, this isn't the name of my favorite cat. Ordinarily this would be one of those "I can tell you but then I will have to kill you" kind of circumstances but these are not ordinary times. This morning when I was getting ready for "AA", no I haven't started drinking, this stands for Attitude Adjustment. I was penciling on my eyebrows, that is another blog. Hide all the sharpy markers!! I looked down at my chin and I thought I saw some little whiskers growing. Of course I grabbed the "lighted high powered magnifying mirror" and sure enough there they were just as big as life (not without the magnifying mirror). My heart started leaping for joy, which is incidentally about the only kind of leaping I am doing these days. This you might think is a strange reaction. It does conjure up images of the "Bearded Lady in the Circus," maybe something to think about when Doug retires if they have benefits. I moved the mirror up to the top of my head, after all if there was hair growing on my chin maybe also on my head. To my joy I think those little stubbies just might be growing!! I have decided to include some pictures with this blog. There are two of the room where I do Chemo, including one of the chair in the corner with the plant for decoration that I previously blogged about. Three that document my G.I Jane Coiffeur, the little hair soldiers who managed to hang on in spite of overwhelming odds, and if you look very, very, carefully at the horizon you can see some possible growth. The three of me are not for the faint of heart. Close your eyes, have a friend read the blog and share it with you, take anti nausea medication or just "let your hair down" (chemo joke) and simply go for it!

5 comments:

AD said...

After reading your hilarious post, I started singing to myself "Count your many 'stubbies' name them one by one..." I've told you before but you are a light in this world!

Kris said...

Wow linda, you are incredible! I never knew you were so hilarious. I loved looking at all your pictures; and I must agree that you do look very good with a bald head. :) Logan & I hope to pop in and say hi this week when we're in california; but, if not this week then in Palm Springs for sure! You're always in our prayers. kristen

Annie said...

I can never whine about having "thin" hair again. You are a real Jerry Seinfeld. And I love Jerry Seinfeld!!!!!!!!!

Cara said...

Holy whip -- a woman getting excited by stubble is the funniest thing ever! I love your AA...I'm going to have to my own "program" around here! Love you...

Cara

Ryan and Megan said...

You see we have been keeping my mom locked away for the past oh um forever and selfishly keeping her and her comedy to ourselves. For the record she can also moonwalk and do a Dudley do right impression, along with many others. She also just recently put my Yogi bear impression to shame.

I am excited to see those whiskers up close and personal. I sure hope you didn't pluck them!

Mom, you really are the most incredible person i have ever encountered. Nobody holds a candle to your bravery, grace and sense of humor.

You are such a hottie (who doesnt have to shave her legs or armpits!)

<3xoxoxox