Thursday, April 3, 2008

GRANDKIDS ARE OUR BLESSING FOR GETTING OLDER

Caden, Taylor and now Carter have all learned how to call me on their Mom's cell phones. This came as quite a shock to their Mom's when I told them how much I appreciated the cute phone calls that I was receiving. Tracy asked Taylor, "Do you know how to call Grandma?" " Sure that is easy, " was the reply. You just have to push the one that says "M-o-m". Well, the cat's out of the bag, but I d my secret phone calls. Caden and Taylor call me almost every Wednesday to see how Attitude Adjustment (aka Chemo) went that day and today was no exception. Taylor was delighted to learn that everything went well and I was feeling great! She wanted to know if I could be around people again and I told her that I could but that I still had to be careful. She then said, " You have to be careful because you don't want to get them sick?" "Well not exactly," I said. "I have to be careful because I don't want them to make me sick". "Oh," she said. The next thing she wanted to know was if I was eating blueberries everyday because they are very good for me and they will make me healthy. I told her that she was absolutely right and that I was trying to eat plenty of fruit, including blueberries, and lots of vegetables. She seemed to be relieved to here this and then when I told her that I was also trying to walk everyday she was more than a little proud. Tracy, you have obviously done a good job teaching the importance of nutrition and exercise. Caden and Carter have been in Orlando, Florida for the week having a wonderful time so I didn't get my usual phone call from them, I am assuming that the cell phones are more closely guarded or maybe I just can't compete with Disney World and Epcot. I choose to believe that the cell phones are unavailable. (Delusion a side effect of Chemo!)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Those kids adore you!! As Jeff and I were sitting in the pool (you know the one with the bubble seat where we sat and talked for hours in Phuket) we decided that we need to spend MUCH more time down near you guys. Once you are free and clear to have my little carrier monkeys around you...we plan to be there for quite a while. Little buddy and his sister needs to be with their "Bama Linna". Love you!!

Jamie Jo said...

That's very cute. I think it is so sweet how much children love their grandparents. Spencer has made some cell phone calls before, but it was on accident. I take the phone away from him and put it in my pocket. Then I hear this muffled, "Jamie? Jamie?" He had called my mom.